About Me

My photo
A mechanical engineer, broadly experienced in Project & Construction management, planning, cost control with proficiency in excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A confident team leader and decision maker specializing in project execution, with the ability to handle large budget projects effectively. Having 16 yrs of experience.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

DAY-65, HASSI MESSAOUD, ALGERIA, 02ND SEPT' 09, 15.28 HRS

Happy Onam to all of you !!!

Onam is the biggest and the most important festival of the state of Kerala. It is celebrated as a harvest festival and is celebrated with joy and enthusiasm all over the state by people of all communities. The best part of the festival is that it is a secular festival so people from different communities and religion can take part in it. According to a popular legend, the festival is celebrated to welcome King Mahabali, whose spirit is said to visit Kerala at the time of Onam.

Onasadya is served on banana leaves and people sit on a mat laid on the floor to have the meal. It showcase the unity among people. Another enchanting feature of Onam is Vallamkali, the Snake Boat Race, held on the river Pampa.

When I was working in Gulf almost in all companies half day holiday was observed since in most of the companies workforce belong to this God’s own country called Kerala. Company’s mess halls were decorated and Onasadya served by workforce to everyone. Its a festive atmosphere.

When came to Algeria missed visiting friends on this occasion.If everything goes fine I’ll be the part of this celebration from year 2010.

Regards,

MANOJ KUMAR OJHA



2 comments:

  1. Hello Manoj ji,
    How are you?
    I am Rupam FE form Sirji (Amitabh Bachchan) blog.I read your comments on Sirji blog.
    For all of us Today its a great day.Sirji spending with us for long 500 Days.
    I read your Posts its good.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Rupam from Assam
    N.B.Sorry for my poor English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manoj,
    I am still wondering that u r my Ojha or not, i am confused really.I was pherphs studying with you,I am younus Rathore,may be you still remember me.
    Reach me at yrmail@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete