About Me

My photo
A mechanical engineer, broadly experienced in Project & Construction management, planning, cost control with proficiency in excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A confident team leader and decision maker specializing in project execution, with the ability to handle large budget projects effectively. Having 16 yrs of experience.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

DAY-22, HASSI MESSAOUD, ALGERIA, 20TH JUNE'09, 23.38 HRS

COLLEAGUE , FRIEND OR FOE…I DON'T KNOW…..??

"Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart." 

I landed on 22nd Feb'97 in UAE when I joined an Oman based co for carrying out its project in Dubai. After completion of this project got transferred to Oman for carrying out company's other project and In the course of my career, I made a friend who was my colleague, he was more than a brother to me, but as the time passing by I don't know what confusion took place between us or he get influenced by other co-worker and hence sabotage of our friendly relationship. Actually he was surrounded by lot of sub-ordinates and he may get influenced against me. I tried my best not to let the situation slide.

At lot of instances I gave time to cool down. Not responded in the heat of the moment. Instead, waited until  situation become calm to start a discussion.

I Looked at the situation from every angle. What was my colleague's intentions? Did I played any role in the problem? Tried to analyse myself. Before confronting with him, tried to identify his motives, as well as any steps I could have taken to avoid the situation.

When a friend's counsel cuts through the confusion and unwinds the threads of heartache, anger, frustration and unrest, peace and order takes over.  Understanding prevails.  And even though the situation doesn't change, I change for the situation.  My mind is able to set itself upon a solution and my heart is able to rest in God's grace to get me through it.  Sometimes I just need affirmation; I just need to know that what I see in God's Word is what He intends for me to see.  I need validation; I need to know my actions are not simply self-serving, that my thoughts are pure. I want to deal with people with the same grace I've received from Him.  I want to stand strong in His righteousness without being pious or condemning.  I want to rest in His peace without warring in my soul.  I want to know what to avoid so I do not fall into temptation.

Any of you have gone through this kind of phase, if yes, then please share over here.

 

With love and regards,

 

MANOJ KUMAR OJHA

No comments:

Post a Comment