About Me

My photo
A mechanical engineer, broadly experienced in Project & Construction management, planning, cost control with proficiency in excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A confident team leader and decision maker specializing in project execution, with the ability to handle large budget projects effectively. Having 16 yrs of experience.

Monday, June 22, 2009

DAY-24, HASSI MESSAOUD, ALGERIA, 22ND JUNE '09, 23.21 HRS

FRIENDS AND THEIR IMPORTANCE IN OUR LIFE~

When we were very small, we realized that having friends was important to us. Some of us even had imaginary friends or our beloved pets became our intimate pals. Sometimes, even our teddies and other stuffed animals snuggled with us at night and listened to our dreams and secrets. The need for friends continued as we grew into our teens and began to find our own identities. Friends were a big part of forming our personalities and supporting who we had become. As adults, it is still important for us to have friends. Our spouses often are our most intimate friends. But friends, outside of family bonds, can be our greatest comfort and allies.

Interestingly, a recent study by Pennsylvania State University revealed something that men and women have probably known for a long time. Men and women react differently to stress in a social context. Men have a tendency to either go off by themselves or engage in a highly competitive sport with other men. Women seek each other out and commiserate, either engaging in a group project (charity work or the old fashioned sewing circle) or just a confab together (going for coffee or having a girls night out).

Regardless of gender, friendships help lower our blood pressure, our heart rates, and our cholesterol levels. The Nurses' Health Study at the Harvard Medical School concluded that, for women, not having friends was as bad for their health as obesity or smoking. In fact, friendships can help us live longer, and they can most definitely help us manage stress.

Friends offer acceptance and emotional support. They also help occasionally with the practical aspects of day-to-day living.

I am remembering my childhood days when during summer holidays my friends use to utter different animal sounds from outside my house signalling me that they are waiting outside of my house. I use to pack quickly my bathing towel and swimming trunk and slowly go out of the house without telling anyone in house.This I had to do as I was not permitted to go out during summer and that too in noon.We go to a near by "Talaav" ... Water Pond where we put a competition that who will go much farther and pluck a Lotus flower and come back fast. I learned my swimming from that Talaav using football bladder or using four wheeler's tube. It was an amazing experience doing that things and when we return home it was a sure to get a scold. I never tell lie to my parent whatever I did I use to narrate them so I use to get less scold but next time again I do the same act and it was my luck sometimes get caught and sometimes not.

Today in this hap hazard busy life when time is not enough even to take lunch properly.So, it is ridiculous to imagine how to meet with your long lost friends.The horse of my imagination was galloping and an Idea popped up in my mind if and iffen technology should become advance of that stage where when we should be able to Video chat one should shake hands by purchasing credit for 1 min for USD 10 or so....it will be of great advantage when friends at both ends can feel the human touch....any scientist or inventors...any take...pl let me know how you guys like my idea???


With lots of love & regards,


MANOJ KUMAR OJHA


No comments:

Post a Comment